A fantastic photograph showing the original team members at North Weald in 1956, long before they became known as The Black Arrows. This photograph, and several other shots in the series, was taken shortly after they took delivery of the new Hunter F.4. They started the year as a four-ship, then expanded to five. From left to right, Flt Lt Dave Goodwin, Flt Lt George Aird, Sqn Ldr Roger Topp, Fg Off Dave Garratt and Flt Sgt Bill Beck. In 1955, soon after he took over at 111 Sqn, Roger Topp, George Aird and Dave Garratt had flown as a three-ship in Meteor F.8s, "for their own amusement and to keep the chaps interested".